The Pastoral Council consists of the parish staff and members of the parish.
The Pastoral Council has a five-fold function.
- To advise, evaluate, plan, and be of service to the pastor, and by extension, to the pastoral staff in terms of parish planning and other overall concerns.
- To assist the pastor in determining priorities in the parish according to its needs (spiritual, social, temporal), and in identifying the means available to meet those needs.
- To represent all of the people at OLV parish and not have a personal or a particular agenda to implement.
- To facilitate communication, coordination, and cooperation among members of Pastoral Council, the various organizations in the parish and the parishioners.
- To provide representation to appropriate Deanery and Archdiocesan organizations and meetings as needed.
Our Lady of the Visitation invites you to become involved in your Church, your parish family, by volunteering to be nominated for the Pastoral Council. Please call the Parish Office to do so, 922-2056.