Where is the preschool located?
The preschool is located under the church in our early learning building along with our kindergarten classrooms.
Do students have to be potty trained?
Students must be potty trained before entering preschool at Our Lady of the Visitation School.
Are multiple student discounts applicable for preschool? What about financial aid?
Parishioner discounts are not available to prescool. The Catholic Education Foundation (CEF) of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati does provide financial assistance for qualifying preschool families. Please visit catholicbestchoice.org for more information. Preschool tuition payments are managed through FACTS.
Is before and after care offered?
At this time before and after care are unavailable for preschool students. Parents can drop students off as early as 7:45 a.m. and extended day is available for all programs until 2:50 p.m.
Is busing available for Preschool?
Private transportation must be used for preschool students. Unfortunately, busing is not provided to us for preschool by the public schools. Busing is available to students starting in kindergarten.
Will the schedule run the same as grades K-8?
For the most part, yes. The school day for all students at Our Lady of the Visitation School begins at 8:18 a.m. All programs run from 8:18 a.m. to 11:20 a.m., with a full day option ending at 2:50 p.m. The P3 program is T/TH, the P4 program is M,W, F, and the PK program (4/5 year old Pre-Kindergarten) program is M-F. Off days and breaks are the same days as K-8.
Are Preschool students expected to wear a uniform?
No, students should wear comfortable play clothes with gym shoes. Shorts and pants should allow for students to easily use the restroom independently.
Is snack provided by the school? Will students eat lunch at school?
Snack is not provided by the Preschool. Parents will need to send a healthy snack with their child each day. Students that stay for the full day program will pack their lunches. Hot lunch is not available for preschool students. Milk can be purchased daily.
How is admission priority determined?
In the event there would be more new registrants than spots available, admissions will go as follows:
1. Children of participating parishioners, who have siblings already enrolled at Our Lady of the Visitation School in grades K-8.
2. Children of participating parishioners, whose older children already attended Our Lady of the Visitation School.
3. The first child of a participating parishioner.
4. Participating member of another Divine Mercy Parish.
5. Participating member of another Catholic Parish.
6. The above being equal, the participating family which has been registered in the parish the longest will prevail.
Definition of Participating Parishioner: A participating parishioner is one who participates in the faith life of our parish. This is demonstrated through weekly Mass attendance, participation in the community life of our parish by volunteering time and talents in ministries and organizations, and as able financially to support the parish on a regular, ongoing basis through Sunday donations, in addition to staying current on tuition.
What do I need to know for registration?
• You need to be able to determine the class your child will attend. Your options are P3 - 3 year old program, P4 - 4 year old program, or PK - 4/5 year old program. If you are unsure as to which class to sign your child up for, you as the parent must make your best guess at registration. If a parent changes their original choice the admissions team will consider changes after all registrations have been processed based on availability.
• Please determine if half day or full day classes are best for your child. You will have to mark half day that ends at 11:20 p.m. or full day that ends at 2:50 p.m. If you are unsure, sign your child up for half day. If staff permits, we can add your child later to full day. However, if you sign up and choose not to use the afternoon, there will be a financial penalty for withdrawal.
How does registration work?
Registration will take place online. After completing the online registration, you will be sent an email confirming receipt of your online form. You will be notified via email if your child has been accepted or placed on a wait list. More information can be found here: https://olvisitation.org/school/Join-Our-Family/Registration
When will parents be notified if they are accepted?
This is dependent on enrollment of new families. Families will find out if they are accepted or placed on a wait list by the first week in March.
What curriculum is used for preschool?
We use Joyful Discoveries for our preschool curriculum. This is used by most schools in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
Will I be able to volunteer in preschool?
Parents may choose to volunteer at Our Lady of the Visitation Preschool, but it will not be required. All volunteers must be in compliance with the Archdiocese’s Decree on Child Protection. Please check our website under Get Involved>Safe Parish.