Where will the preschool be located?
The preschool will be located under the church in our early learning building along with our kindergarten
Do students have to be potty trained?
Students must be potty trained before entering preschool at Our Lady of the Visitation School.
Are multiple student discounts applicable for preschool? What about financial aid?
Preschool is a separate entity from grades K-8, and operates on different funds. Discounts and financial aid are unavailable at this time, but you will still manage your preschool tuition payments through FACTS.
Is before and after care offered?
At this time before and after care are unavailable for preschool students. Parents can drop students off as early as 7:45 a.m. and extended day is available for all programs until 2:55 p.m.
Is busing available for Preschool?
Private transportation must be used for preschool students. Unfortunately, busing is not provided to us for preschool by the public schools. Busing is available to students starting in kindergarten.
Will the schedule run the same as grades K-8?
The school day for all students at Our Lady of the Visitation School begins at 8:18 a.m. The 3 Year Old Program and the 4 Year Old Program will run 8:18 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., with a full day option ending at 2:55 p.m. The 4/5 Year Old Pre-K Program will be five days a week full/half day, running from 8:18 a.m. to 2:55 p.m. All students (pre-K -8) will follow the same school calendar.
Are Preschool students expected to wear a uniform?
No, students should wear comfortable play clothes with gym shoes. Shorts and pants should allow for students to easily use the restroom independently.
Is snack provided by the school? Will students eat lunch at school?
Students will need to pack their own snacks, and students that stay for the full day program will pack their lunches. Hot lunch will not be available for preschool students.
Will I be able to volunteer in preschool?
Parents may choose to volunteer at Our Lady of the Visitation Preschool, but it will not be required. All volunteers must be in compliance with the Archdiocese’s Decree on Child Protection. Please check the parish website under Community>Virtus>Safe Environment.
What curriculum is used for preschool?
Big Day Pre-K will be used for reading and math. This is used by most schools in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
Will attending preschool give my child priority for kindergarten admission?
1. Children of participating parishioners, who have siblings already enrolled at Our Lady of the Visitation School.
2. Children of participating parishioners, whose older children already attended Our Lady of the Visitation School.
3. The first child of a participating parishioner.
4. The above being equal, the participating family which has been registered in the parish the longest will prevail.
5. A waiting list for preschool will then be created.
Definition of Participating Parishioner:
A participating parishioner is one who participates in the faith life of our parish. This is demonstrated through Mass attendance, participation in the community life of our parish by volunteering time and talents in ministries and organizations, and as able financially to support the parish on a regular, ongoing basis through Sunday donations, in addition to staying current on tuition.
What if I do not want to be a member of the parish?
There will be an additional fee for non-parish members to be determined by the Business Manager.
What do I need to know for registration?
• You need to be able to determine the class your child will attend. Your options are the 3 year old program, 4 year old program, or pre-k program. If you are unsure as to which class to sign your child up for, you as the parent must make your best guess at registration. If a parent changes their original choice the admissions team will consider changes after all registrations have been processed based on availability.
• Please determine if half day or full day classes are best for your child. You will have to mark half day that ends at 11:30 a.m. or full day that ends at 2:55 p.m. If you are unsure, sign your child up for half day. If staff permits, we can add your child later to full day. However, if you sign up for a full day and choose not to use the afternoon, there will be a financial penalty for withdrawal.
When is registration considered complete?
Registration will take place at open house or online. At open house your family will receive an envelope that is to be mailed back to the school office. This envelope will ask families to submit the following: Baptismal certificate, birth certificate, statement of intent, $50 registration fee. Your registration is not complete until all forms are returned to school.
*Baptism is not a requirement but if your child’s is baptized, we need the baptismal certificate for sacrament record keeping.
When will parents be notified if they are accepted?
This is dependent on enrollment of new families. Families will find out if they are accepted by the first week in March.